If file with the DATA LINK ESCAPE character in its name is uploaded as attachment, the room history load will break.
- All desktop clients
- Hipchat Server 2.2.9
- Hipchat Data Center 3.1.3
- Create a file in a Linux system with the character in its name
- Upload the file to a room in Hipchat
- Close the room and re-open it
- Room history should load and file should be visible.
- Room history doesn't load
- The below error is thrown in the tetra.err.log file:
- Upon file upload, the file is not immediately visible in the client UI
- There might be other characters causing this error
- Review the latest Redis history of the room for a file with an unusual Unicode encoded character
- Ask the user who uploaded the file to delete through the web UI