When the user's login cookie expires, the user is signed out of the client and has to sign in again.
In this case, the user will be prompted to enter their Hipchat email and password and will be unable to login if their group uses SSO.
- Setup SSO and login to the Windows desktop client
- Change the time to more than 14 days in the future, the login cookie will expire and you will be signed out
Get the screen where you can choose to login via SSO
The client prompts you to enter your Hipchat email and password, you have to click Go back to get to the SSO options screen.
Although clicking Go back resolves the issue, it can be very confusing to users who will keep on entering their SSO credentials.
Implement a blind re-direct from /sign_in to /login_select_auth by adding this line at the very top of /hipchat-scm/web/application/views/users/sign_in.php:
- Create a new file in /home/admin/startup_scripts called sign_in_redirect or similar
- Copy the code below into the file and save it:
- Save the script, then make it executable:
- Make sure the change done manually to sign_in.php is reverted and run the script once:
- Validate the change was done:
- Run the script once again and verify it doesn't add an additional line there