When unchecking the "Active" box under an Application on Crowd, the "Current Users" number does not subtract the users from this application, even though they cannot log in any longer.
Crowd will subtract the users from the "Current Users" number, so it will not count on the customers' license.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a directory into your Crowd (e.g LDAP), and sync it.
- Add an application to your Crowd (e.g Confluence or JIRA)
- Select the directory you've just created and set "Allow All to Authenticate" to "True"
- Complete the application creation
- Take a note of the number for "Current Users" under Crowd > Administration > Licensing > Current Users
- Go to Applications > Select the Application you've just created > Uncheck the "Active" box
- Now go under Administration > Licensing > Current Users and click on "Recalculate your user total"
The number of users will still be the same as when the application was active, even though the users from that application cannot login any longer.
Set the "Allow All to Authenticate" to "False" under the disabled application. You might need to remove the groups as well.