- More detail at: http://extranet.atlassian.com/display/HDS/%27Confluence+Manager%27+Permission
- For DevSuite, we will need a permission level similar to Global Administrator except with some permissions removed.
- Permissions to be removed are those which could jeopardize the file system or hosted environment.
- For the install product, a typical use case is where a top-level administrator wants to delegate some administration privileges to a manager, team leader, etc., but not those which could jeopardize the application environment, network, etc.
- We would like to add a permission level, hierarchically between 'Confluence Administrator' and 'Confluence User' which we refer to as 'Confluence Manager'
- We would like this permission to have access to the same Administration functions as 'Confluence Administrator', except with the following revisions to the Administration menu:
o Modify 'General Configuration'
+ remove 'API plugin'
+ remove 'Server Base URL'
+ remove 'External User Management Option'
+ remove 'Public Signup'
o remove 'Daily Backup Admin'
o remove 'Plugins'
o remove 'Plugin Repository'
o remove 'Mail Servers'
o remove 'User Macros'
o remove 'Attachment Storage'
- Look and Feel
o remove 'Layouts'
o remove 'Custom HTML'
o remove 'Backup & Restore'
o remove 'SnipSnap Import'
CONFSERVER-6977 Enable members of conflunece-user to Manage Groups
- is related to
CONFSERVER-8551 Restrict spaces from site administrators
- relates to
CONFSERVER-9382 Please make the administrative group configurable, drop the hardwired "confluence-administrators"