We Recently pusrchased a Confluence Enterprise license, Test Installation went smoothly but When we started to use Confluence, We have seen an error box in Dashboard page (on the place of Spaces list), reading this:
Error rendering macro: org.springframework.orm.hibernate.HibernateQueryException: undefined alias: DISTINCT [SELECT DISTINCT l FROM com.atlassian.confluence.labels.Label AS l WHERE l.namespace = :namespace order by l.name]; nested exception is net.sf.hibernate.QueryException: undefined alias: DISTINCT [SELECT DISTINCT l FROM com.atlassian.confluence.labels.Label AS l WHERE l.namespace = :namespace order by l.name]
When we changed the Locale from Turkish to US it worked correctly. But this workaround is only a tempopary solution, because if we change the locale to English, PDF and doc exports do not show Turkish characteres correctly.
The bug is probably caused by infamous Turkish locale bug. Turkish lovercase i does not became "I" but a dotted version of it, and Turkish "I" does not become "i" as well. Here is a recent article about this problem: http://java.sys-con.com/read/46241.htm
Please try running confluence in Turkish locale.
This is a critical problem for us, looking forward to find a solution soon.