7.4.10, 7.6.1, 7.12.3, 7.13.0
Severity 3 - Minor
Searching an exact match for a single phrase within double quotation does not works at all times, meaning to say stemming is not ignored. The issue is intermittent and more work to find the exact word while there is a huge data for Confluence.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a few pages having words like painted , paint , paint abc, edit, Jenkins etc.
- Now search for a word with exact match as below -
- Also search for an exact match for "Jenkin"
- Its observed that the word paint is being highlighted as well even though the search was performed for an exact match of painted.
- The same issue is reproducible while searched with word paint - paint
- The search picks up Jenkins while we tried to search for an exact match for Jenkin
- All screenshots are attached
- Searching for an exact match for the words painted, Jenkin should display and highlight these specific words if its present in Confluence and if not then search results should not display anything.
- There can be many more words like this hence the login for an exact match has to be specific.
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available