Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: Companion-1.0.0
Fix Version/s: Companion-1.1.0
Component/s: Content - Edit Files / Companion
Support reference count:2
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
Editing files via the Atlassian Companion app in Microsoft Windows stores files in two locations:
1. Actual files downloaded and sent to the respective application:
2. Temporary Cache files (including a CACHE copy of the downloaded file) is stored in:
- C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian Companion\Cache
Every time a file is edited, a copy is again put into the above Temporary Cache location inside the Roaming folder:
The Cache folder in the Roaming profile can therefore grow excessively large and hit size quotas on the Roaming profile folder.
Provide a way to cap the upper limit on the Cache folder.
- Chromium command-line params do support a maximum cache size:
Forces the maximum disk space to be used by the disk cache, in bytes.
- Alternatively, this Cache folder should be written to C:\Users\admin\.atlassian-companion, outside of the Roaming folder
Atlassian Companion App uses the Electron framework which generates/utilises these two folders:
Edited: It is safe to manually delete the folders - the entire AppData/Roaming/Atlassian Companion/Cache directory should be deleted rather than selectively removing files. If the folder is locked whilst Atlassian Companion App is running please exit the app, delete the folder and restart. This will reduce the disk space used in the Windows Roaming folder.