- Is is not possible to install Confluence using the Linux installer (.bin format) in OpenSUSE Tumbleweed.
- Linux OpenSUSE Tumbleweed
- Download the Linux installer (.bin format)
- Make the installer executable
- Run the installer
- You'll be able to proceed with the installation normally, following the steps described in Installing Confluence on Linux
- In Confluence 6.14, as soon as you execute the .bin file, the following message is shown:
- In OpenSUSE Tumbleweed, the fontconfig is already installed, but its dependency, fontconfig2, is replaced by the libfreetype6 package.
- A similar issue was reported in Confluence Server 6.13 or later fails with library not loaded error when starting up on MacOS, but the workaround proposed by it isn't possible because the installer doesn't start at all.
- Also, it seems like this issue is related to AdoptOpenJDK 8 having a broken dependency on libfreetype.6.dylib, but trying to install Confluence 6.12 through the installer also fails.
- Install Confluence using the tar.gz file.