As per described in the following Documentation: Restrict a Calendar, These are the 2 permission that's available for Team Calendar:
- Restrict Viewing - users added to this restrictions can only view the calendar, they will not be able to add events or delete events.
- Restrict Editing - users added to this restrictions can view, edit, add events, edit existing events, change restrictions for the calendar and delete event types.
It is undesirable as it seems like you either get full edit access or just view.
Add a more granularity towards the Team Calendar permission. For example
- Add restrictions on who can create Team Calendar ,
- Add restrictions on who can add bookings to the calendar
- Add restriction on who can delete the calendar
This could also be helpful in addressing bugs like CONFSERVER-55506: Deleting repeating Events in Team Calendar causes duplicates in database and java.lang.OutOfMemoryError where administrators would benefit from being able to restrict a function that is causing a major bug