Connected Confluence to Oracle DB and LDAP will never be able to run incremental synchronization. Incremental synchronization will fail and revert to full synchronization.
- Confluence 6.9.0
- Oracle 12c
- Install Confluence with connection to Oracle
- Connect it to the LDAP server
- Enable option for incremental synchronisation
- Incremental synchronization will finish as expected.
- Synchronization will fail and revert to full synchronization:
The below exception is thrown in the atlassian-confluence.log file:
User count is same in the LDAP and CWD_USERS, and there are no NULL values in EXTERNAL_ID column.
Enabling the SQL logging will show that during the synchronization bottom query is run, and this query returns no results:
Oracle will change empty string to NULL in query (this_.external_id=NULL) and the statement will return no results.
Use -Dcrowd.use.legacy.ad.incremental.sync=true in startup parameters until the bug is fixed.