Using a specific sequence (as explained in Steps to Reproduce) will break publish functionality in Confluence. And drafts will throw an error on publish.
- Confluence 6.4.1
- Firefox (v.56) and IE11
- Chrome 64.0.3282.140 (not all versions of chrome affected)
- Open empty page in Firefox or Internet Explorer
- Paste image that was copied from any tool (you will see upload progress popup)
- Do a control-z to revert changes
- Paste content again (you will see upload progress popup)
- Publish page
Page will be saved
Page will throw the following error in logs and show a message that the page cannot be saved.
- Removing the image will not fix the issue
- Issue is not reproducible in Chrome (v. 61) and Edge (v. 40)
Create a new page and copy/paste the content from the affected page
You can also use Source Editor for Confluence if copying page body does not work