When attempting to use certain unicode characters (🐛🐜🐝🐞) the page fails to save and displays an error message.
- Confirmed on both 5.6 and 5.7
- Confirmed on 12c
- MS SQL Server
- Confirmed on SQL Server 2014
- Create a new page
- Paste these unicode characters: 🐛🐜🐝🐞
The page saves and displays the characters as expected.
One of two results will happen:
- The page will fail to save and the below error is shown in the UI:
- The page will save but unicode characters will be displayed as ?????
- This does not affect PostgreSQL
- Tested with character encoding parameter in JDBC URL and it still has the same behavior.
- The unicode characters that cause this behavior are not limited to the ones in this report, these are simply confirmed and testable.
- Migrate to PostgreSQL