Affects Version/s: 6.0.0
Component/s: Core - Content REST APIs
Symptom Severity:Severity 1 - Critical
QA Demo Status:Not Done
QA Kickoff Status:Not Done
Bug Fix Policy:
The Confluence drafts diff rest resource made the current content of all blogs and pages in Confluence available without authentication by providing a page id or draft id. Attackers who can access the Confluence web interface of a vulnerable version can use this vulnerability to obtain the content of all blogs and pages inside Confluence provided that they first enumerate page or draft ids.
- All versions of Confluence starting with 6.0.0 before version 6.0.7 are affected by this vulnerability.
- Confluence 6.1.1 is available for download from https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download.
- Confluence 6.1.0 is available for download from https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives.
- Confluence 6.0.7 is available for download from https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives.
If you are unable to upgrade right now, this issue can be mitigated in vulnerable versions of Confluence by disabling Collaborative editing as per the following instructions.
- Go to > General Configuration > Collaborative editing.
- Change the collaborative editing mode to Off. Be aware that shared drafts will be lost when you switch to this mode, so make sure your users have published any work they want to keep before you make the change.
- Refresh the page and check that the Collaborative editing mode has changed to "OFF".
We would like to credit Yuvanesh for reporting this issue to us.
For additional details see the full advisory.