Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 5.9.4
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Macros - Page Properties
Support reference count:4
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
Loading of a page that contains Page Properties Report Macro is considerably slower in the later version of Confluence when having a large number of items to display.
This is being compared to an earlier version of Confluence, such as the version 5.5.4 where a page that contains Page Properties Report Macro large number of items to display loaded in a matter of seconds.
- Confluence 5.9.4
- Get this XML space export Confluence-space-export-225313-4.xml.zip
- Load the page with the title "PP Report Macro with Number of items to display = 1000" from the xml export
- Create a page and insert the Page Properties Macro in it
- Add simple table
- Save the page, and add a distinct label to this page, for example "decisions"
- Add 1000 additional pages in this space with the same content and label
- Add another page, insert the "Page Properties Report" Macro > Edit this macro > and add the label from step 3. Example, "decisions".
Should load in a matter of seconds
Page properties report macro shows "Generating page properties report" while loading its content. After a seemingly long time, the page loaded. After a case review the page fully loads after ~6 minutes. Here is the the comparison between Confluence 5.9.4 and 5.5.4:
- The loading time could differ from one instance to another. The table above represents the difference between the two versions.
- This issue only happens if there are no rich contents in the page report macro, as they will be affected by the following bug instead: