Status: Gathering Impact
Affects Version/s: 5.5, 5.8.15, 5.10.8, 6.3.3, 6.4.0, 6.8.0, 6.15.2
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: User - Management
Symptom Severity:Severity 2 - Major
Support reference count:48
Bug Fix Policy:
Disabling users does not reduce the license count when:
- A duplicated user exists on the lower directory order
- The duplicated user is active, and has a Confluence "can-use" permission
- Create a user in the confluence internal directory. Give this user the confluence-users group in order to give the user the "can-use" permission
- Go to Confluence Admin > License > Refresh. The license count increased as the new user is counted towards the license
- Connect Confluence to any User Management (LDAP/AD)
- Move this external user to top of the User Directory so Confluence will use users in this directory.
- Create another user with the same user name as internal one in the external directory From LDAP side
- Disable this user so that this user would not be able to log in to confluence
- User will not be able to log in to Confluence (This behavior is true)
- Go to Confluence Admin > License > Refresh. User License count will be decreased by 1
- User will not be able to log in to Confluence
- Go to Confluence Admin > License > Refresh. User License count is not decreased.
- Disable the user that's belong to the internal directory by selecting the internal directory as the top most position, disable the user, before putting the external directory in the top most position.