I attempted an installation twice on our server and both times the service was unable to correctly start. I realized that this was related to an existing service on port 8000.
In the installer, I established port 8090 as the control port and 8001 as the hosted port. The server.xml file had the correct control port but the wrong hosted port.
I attached screenshots. I did a re-install with different port #s and this issue persisted. I could not get the service to start. Once I changed the server port manually to 8001, the service was able to start fine and it all works now. I lost a few hours of work due to this, as the Stash system did not have this error.