Uploaded image for project: 'Confluence Server and Data Center'
  1. Confluence Server and Data Center
  2. CONFSERVER-30428

JIRA Issues Macro filter behaviour has changed so that it no longer saves the filter, but rather hard-codes the results.

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Feedback Policy:
      We collect Confluence feedback from various sources, and we evaluate what we've collected when planning our product roadmap. To understand how this piece of feedback will be reviewed, see our Implementation of New Features Policy.

      Description

      NOTE: This suggestion is for Confluence Server. Using Confluence Cloud? See the corresponding suggestion.

      The problem

      Inserting a URL to a saved filter, eg http://localhost:9604/browse/TEST-3?filter=10000 autocompletes to the JQL content of the filter - 'description ~ "description"' in my test case - so when filter 10000 changes, the JIRA Issues will still be 'description ~ "description"'. This is not the same as previous behaviour, where the filter would remain in the macro and changes to the filter would be reflected in Confluence.

      Steps to Reproduce

      1. Create and view a filter in JIRA
      2. Copy the URL
      3. Create a JIRA Issues Macro in Confluence 5.2.3
      4. Paste the URL into the macro
        • Observe that the URL is immediately changed to the JQL of the filter.
      5. Save the JIRA Issues Macro
      6. Change the filter in JIRA so that the results are different
      7. Reload the Confluence page
        • Observe that the results do not reflect the changes to the filter

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              dtran@atlassian.com Duy Quoc Tran (Inactive)
              Reporter:
              dunterwurzacher Denise Unterwurzacher [Atlassian]
              Votes:
              14 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              23 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: