The new JIRA Issue macro, accessible via Insert > JIRA Issue, does not allow the user the configure caching. Currently it's always on. The problem here is that with caching always enabled, the information shown in Confluence is not always up-to-date.
- In JIRA, create a project with a key of TEST
- Create one issue under TEST
- On the Confluence editor, use Insert > JIRA Issue, and set the JQL to "project=TEST". Save the macro and page. One issue is shown
- Create another issue under TEST
- Refresh the Confluence page. The second issue does not appear until the cache is expired, or if it's flushed manually via Confluence Admin > Cache Statistics
A workaround solution, You can remove the cache by following steps:
- Go to the page "Confluence Admin >> Cache Statistics >> Advanced"
- Search for the term "JIRA Issues".
- Change the value from "100" (default) to "1"
- Click the button "Adjust Size" to enable the change.
This is a related but separate issue from
CONF-22845, which addresses the original JIRA Issues macro.