Here are the following steps on how to reproduce the problem:
- Create a test page
- Attach any excel document
- Add the Excel macro (to include a excel sheet) in a page
- Edit the Excel sheet by clicking at 'Edit Document' button (to open the Excel sheet)
- Add a auto-filter in Excel and use the filter
- Save the latest changes made
- Refresh the test page where it has the Excel macro
- The display does not change according to the last saved filter in Excel
In the latest Confluence 3.5.x however, clicking on the Save button after adding the auto-filter will prompt you to save into another new copy. For the previous version of Confluence, this scenario doesn't happen.
Also, for the previous version of Confluence, after saving the Excel file again after adding the filter and clicking again on the 'Edit Document' button, will open the Excel file as the last saved filter in Excel. This means that the last saved filter in Excel is working but the display of Excel with viewfile does not respect filter that was last saved after editing.