Status: Gathering Impact (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 3.2.1, 4.3, 5.1.5, 5.4.3, 5.4.4, 6.13.10
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Editor - Attachment
Support reference count:44
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
When trying to upload large attachments (+2GB), Confluence hangs and never finishes the upload, even if you configure the max attachments size to 10GB.
Depending on the OS (Mac OS X 10.6 with Firefox) nothing happens, or the browser displays an error message "File not found" (Linux Ubuntu 9.10 with Firefox).
Nothing relevant in the logs.
In 4.3, setting the limit to 10GB. Attaching 5.5GB files resulted the following:
- Interface (this might only be shown if you're using Chrome):
Total upload size is too large (2,048.00 MB). Reduce total filesize to below 2,048.00 MB
- In atlassian-confluence.log:
Trying it in Firefox resulted the following in the log:
This bug is caused by pages/viewpageattachments.action, when clicking the upload button to upload files. You can work around this issue by dragging and dropping in various areas:
- Drag and drop on the page in view mode
- Drag and drop on the page in edit mode
- Drag and drop on the attachments page
- Drag and drop on the file upload dialog