Connect Apps can create custom content, which can implement their own containment model. In addition, custom content can opt into search indexing. When all of these are enabled, CQL should respect the containment fields in CQL: ancestor, container, and parent.
Given a connect descriptor with this custom content section:
Then the App has the following hierarchies of custom content:
Question → has Answers → has Reactions and Question → has Reactions.
In the data, we have:
- Question with ID = 633405478 being parent of two answers, one of them with Id = 635601068
- Answer with ID = 635601068 is a parent of 3 reactions with Ids = 1226571928, 635601089 and 633405653
What I want to search for is getting all reactions whose parent/container is answer with Id = 635601068. Given that, following CQL searches are not working as expected:
- type='ac:questions-answers-for-confluence:reaction' and container = 635601068: returns no results, should return 3 results with reactions above
- type='ac:questions-answers-for-confluence:reaction' and ancestor = 635601068: returns no results, should return 3 results with reactions above
- type='ac:questions-answers-for-confluence:reaction' and ancestor = 633405478: returns no results, should return at least 3 results with reactions above (I’m not interested in this kind of search because it’s too broad as I want to return only reactions with answer 635601068 as direct parent, but this search doesn’t work as expected as well)
Similar CQL search that does work (but doesn't help with my issue) is searching for answers based on question ID as container
- type='ac:questions-answers-for-confluence:answer' and container = 633405478: correctly returns 2 child answers
All 3 CQL searches should return 3 results, according to the definitions of the CQL search fields.
All 3 CQL searches return no results.
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available