I'm filing this on behalf of a customer that reported this in a community post that I wrote.
Copy pasting code from Confluence doesn't behave as expected
- It seems like confluence loves to merge the end of a previous line with the beginning of the next line (with no line feed or even a space.)
- That means if I try to copy and paste code from a Confluence page, it's all messed up and I have to format it where I paste it.
- Spacing between lines in formatted text is kind of random, and sometimes extra white space is put in between lines and sometimes not and it's not editable.
- Code formatting and spacing behaves as expected.
- There's formatting required where users are pasting
Currently there is no known workaround for this behavior. A workaround will be added here when available