When using the Excerpt Include macro on a new editing experience page, it is not possible to hide the panel around the excerpted content selecting the Remove Surrounding Panel option in the macro settings.
- Create a new page called Page A and add the Excerpt macro;
- Add some content within the macro and publish the page;
- Create a new page called Page B;
- Insert the Excerpt Include macro;
- Fill the page field with Page A title;
- Mark the checkbox Remove Surrounding Panel;
- Save the macro and publish the page.
The panel around the excerpted content is gone, showing only the content.
The panel is still there.
- If you back to edit Page B and check the macro settings, the mark box is like if was never checked.
To avoid running into this issue, add a new Excerpt Include macro, and select Remove Surrounding Panel as soon as you insert the macro. (However, there's a catch, once you add this option you'd be unable to toggle it off/on again)