When trying to use the "Create from Template" macro from a template which was edited and that we added variables to it, the page is then created without the variables.
Confluence Cloud - Old editor
- Navigate to Content Tools in a space
- Edit Troubleshooting articles template
- Add a variable for the Category field
- Save it
- In the same space, create a new page and add the Create from Template macro selecting the Troubleshooting article as "Template name" from the drop-down and then save the page
- Navigate to the view mode of the page and click on "Add troubleshooting article" (article title, it may differ)
The page should be created using the template previously edited with the variables.
The page is created with the variables in blank.
Create a new (not from the defaults ones) Blueprint/Template and add a variable.