Following a link from one page to an anchor on another page in Firefox will only bring you to the top of the linked page, and not directly to the anchor.
- Firefox 39.0
- Confluence 5.9.1
- Create a page in Confluence with anchor links on a few items.
- On a separate page, create a direct link to the anchor link. (i.e. https://CONFLUENCE_URL/display/SPACEKEY/PAGE_NAME#ANCHOR_LINK)
- Attempt to follow the anchor link in Firefox, either from the 2nd page, or directly via the address bar.
In Chrome and other browsers, clicking the link will take you directly to the anchor.
- Link will take you to the top of the linked page, but not directly to the anchor.
- Additionally, you can try following the link directly from your address bar. You'll have the same behavior.
Use another browser, such as Chrome.