After an application link is defined between two applications, remote events are only sent from one application to the other after the capabilities of the applications have been shared. This discovery happens consistantly while the applications are running. Restarting both applications however, causes a temporary failure because the first discovery attempt will usually fail if the target application doesn't start quickly enough. This is not problematic by itself but the discovery attempts occur with an exponential delay.
- Install Bitbucket Server.
- Install Bamboo.
- Set up an application link between Bamboo and Bitbucket Server.
- And a repo in Bamboo.
- Confirm that remote events are getting sent by Bitbucket Server.
- Stop both Bitbucket Server and Bamboo.
- Start Bitbucket Server and then start Bamboo.
Remote events are sent from Bitbucket Server to Bamboo.
Since Bamboo isn't available immediately, Bitbucket Server waits to check its capabilities again, which in turn delays remote events.
For customers on versions < 4.14.3 set either one of the following system properties will fix the problem: