Uploaded image for project: 'Bitbucket Server'
  1. Bitbucket Server
  2. BSERV-9406

Search repository with wildcard is ineffective

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Suggestion
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Resolution: Duplicate
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Feedback Policy:
      We collect Bitbucket feedback from various sources, and we evaluate what we've collected when planning our product roadmap. To understand how this piece of feedback will be reviewed, see our Implementation of New Features Policy.

      Description

      Problem definition

      Bitbucket Server ver4.6+ that comes with ElasticSearch is not effective for performing search repository with partial string after '.' or '_' return with incorrect or no results. It appears that search code detects '-' as a word boundary.

      Performing the search with wildcards such as '%' or '?' does not provide any results as it would in previous versions(without ElasticSearch).

      Suggested solution

      N/A

      Workaround

      Type out the repository name from the initial string for the best match.

      Why this is important

      Preforming repository search with categorized first, second and so on with set of strings that separated by word boundaries or separators such '.', '' or '_' would be laborious.

      Performing repository search on repository names using '_' or '.' as substring separators is laborious, because the substrings are not detected

        Attachments

          Issue Links

            Activity

              People

              Assignee:
              Unassigned Unassigned
              Reporter:
              bannamalai Baskar Annamalai (Inactive)
              Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              3 Start watching this issue

                Dates

                Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                  Backbone Issue Sync

                  • Backbone Issue Sync is enabled for your project, but there is no synchronization info for this issue.