Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: 4.6.1
Fix Version/s: None
Bug Fix Policy:
Currently when an LDAP sourced user group is renamed and the user directory is synchronized, the updated group name is picked up as part of the user accounts, however the corresponding group name in Global Permissions is not updated as well.
- Connect Bitbucket Server to and LDAP user directory
- Synchronize accounts within a user group.
- Grant the group Bitbucket User permissons in Administration >> Global Permissions.
- Rename the user group in LDAP.
- Re-synchronize the LDAP directory.
- Verify that the name of the group the users belong to was updated Administration >> Groups.
- Check Administration >> Global Permissions and see the original group name is still listed, and the new group name is not listed.
Manually add the new group name to Administration >> Global Permissions