Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Fix Version/s: None
A pull request can contain "linked" JIRA IDs. Under "linked" I meant creation of an attribute of a pull request so it is returned by REST API (/jira/1.0/pull-request/###/issues) and displayed at right panel of pull request UI.
Currently JIRA ID is linked with a pull request if it is specified:
- in any of commits messages for this pull request
- in the Title of a pull request
- in the "source" branch name of the pull request
If a JIRA ID is placed in Details section or in the comments of a pull request it is just "converted" to a HTML link to JIRA but it is not an attribute of a pull request (and not returned by REST API call). I can agree that Comments (for code changes or pull request itself) may not be the right place to "link" JIRA IDs from - they can be just mentioned during discussion. But the Details section - is definitely the right place.
Could you please:
- Add possibility to "link" with a pull request JIRA IDs specified in Details section of a pull request
- Add markup construction to "link" JIRA IDs from any section of a pull request