I have some GIT repositories currently managed with gitolite that I would like to move over to stash, so that I can leverage the much tighter integration with JIRA.
However, what currently blocks me doing that is the fact that the current "Advanced Branch Permissions" are not advanced at all.
E.g. what I specifically miss is the following:
- one or more regular expressions to define allowed branch names being pushed
- one or more regular expressions to define allowed tag names being pushed
- disable deletion of certain branches
- disable non-fast-forwards for certain branches
- disable merge-commits on certain branches
All the above I already have implemented with gitolite, which implements a big part to make sure that the day-to-day development work is not disturbed and accidental pushes are technically prevented.