When creating a Jira issue from Bitbucket, not all fields are shown.
Under certain conditions (explained below), even the summary field may not show.
- [Jira] Create 50 custom fields
- [Jira] Add those custom fields to issue creation screen
- [Bitbucket] Try to create a Jira issue from Bitbucket
The issue summary field should be visible.
- The issue summary field is not visible.
- Issue creation doesn't go through because the summary field is not set; No error is shown.
- The Jira REST API endpoint called by Bitbucket (e.g.: /rest/api/2/issue/createmeta/TIG/issuetypes/7) returns a maximum of 50 fields. This limit is hardcoded and can't be changed.
- The list of fields returned by the REST API endpoint is sorted alphabetically by fieldId. The fieldID of the Summary field is summary, which falls after all custom fields whose IDs start with customfield_.
Remove as many custom fields as needed from the issue create screen so the summary field (or any other mandatory field) falls within the 50 fields returned by: