- Bitbucket's integration with Jira makes calls to the old Jira REST endpoint: /createmeta
- This endpoint is flawed with
- To resolve the issue, starting with 8.4, Jira added new REST endpoints, while /createmeta will be deprecated starting with Jira version 9.
For more information, please refer to: Createmeta REST endpoint to be removed
- In order to provide a better user experience from Jira integration, Bitbucket should be calling the new REST endpoint(s) instead of /createmeta
- Starting with Jira version 9, /createmeta will be deprecated, and the existing integration may no longer work.
- Set up Bitbucket DC integrated with Jira (preferably version 8.4+, where the replacement REST endpoints have been implemented)
- Create >5,500 projects in Jira
- Create a Pull Request in Bitbucket, then create a Jira issue from the Pull Request
- Bitbucket's web interface should quickly present the user with a list of Jira projects to choose from
- It takes ~20 seconds for Bitbucket to receive the list of projects from Jira
- This is because Bitbucket calls the old Jira REST endpoint: /createmeta
- Starting with Jira version 9, where this endpoint will be deprecated, Jira may be unable to respond to this call.
Currently there is no known workaround for this behaviour. A workaround will be added here when available.