When starting Bitbucket Server 6.9+, regardless of JVM, the following message is logged:
(The stack trace above is for Linux, but a variation of it is also possible on Windows.)
When starting Bitbucket Server, the following message is displayed:
In Bitbucket Server 6.9 and 6.10 this does not interfere with the functionality of the system and can be ignored.
- Restrict access to $HOME/.cache for the user running Bitbucket Server, or place it on a full filesystem
- Start Bitbucket Server
Bitbucket Server starts without issue, no warning is displayed, and the system runs without issue.
The exception shown above is logged, and:
- On 6.9 and 6.10, a banner is displayed indicating the current operating system is unsupported, but otherwise the system works normally
- On 7.0, the system will fail to start and display a message indicating the current operating system is unsupported
Add the following to JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS:
- Linux: JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Djna.tmpdir=$BITBUCKET_HOME/tmp"
- Windows: set JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS=-Djna.tmpdir=%BITBUCKET_HOME%\tmp
This will change where the JNA library attempts to unpack its dispatch library so it will be written to Bitbucket Server's home directory instead of the user's home directory.