Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 6.0.0, 6.1.0, 6.2.0
Component/s: Installation - Microsoft Windows - Service
Support reference count:2
Symptom Severity:Severity 2 - Major
Bug Fix Policy:
This looks to be a recurrence of
BSERV-10746 somehow with the introduction of Elasticsearch 6.5.3 on Bitbucket 6.x
It's not possible to create the Elasticsearch service in Windows – To create the services, one must go over the instructions of the article below, however, it's not possible to create the Elasticsearch service in Windows, since the batch file responsible for creating the service is checking the wrong location.
- Download the ZIP archive for Bitbucket 6.0/6.1.0
- Install it.
- Go over the Running Bitbucket Server as a Windows service to create the services;
- At step 9 change directory as instructed;
- At step 10 run the command below to create the Elasticsearch service
- This will result in the following message:
Elasticsearch service should be created
After running the
the following message will be shown and the service won't be created
What is causing the issue is that the <Bitbucket Server installation directory>\elasticsearch\bin\elasticsearch-env.bat is pointing to the wrong location while trying to find the jvm-options file.
In the elasticsearch-env.bat file we can see the following
In the code above we can see that it is trying to check for the file in %ES_HOME%\config however, there's no config folder but config-template.
- Edit the <Bitbucket Server installation directory>\elasticsearch\bin\elasticsearch-env.bat
- run the command in the step 10 of the article again;