Bitbucket Server in-browser editor unexpectedly replaces CRLF at the end of file with LF.
- Bitbucket Server 4.13 or newer versions
- Verified with v5.5.5 hosted on Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS and Git version 2.13.0
- (Local) Create a file containing lines with CRLF
- (Local) Git commit and push the file to Bitbucket Server
- (Remote) Open example.txt and add "East" to the second line by in-browser editor
- (Local) Git pull
- (Local) Check the eol type at end of file is changed to LF from CRLF
The edited file keeps CRLF at the end of file:
CRLF at the end of file is replaced with LF.
- Owing to these configurations in git, other lines except the end of file are intact
- In-browser editor inserts newline (LF) when the file doesn't contain eol character
- Edit files in other editor but not in-browser editor if you want to keep CRLF