We've made a few changes which cause small breakages in Bamboo. Attached is a patch with the required changes:
- ILuceneConnection.SearcherAction.perform() is now void, rather than returning a boolean
- ILuceneConnection.leakSearcher() is deprecated and should not be used.
Some additional changes that Chris and I strongly recommend if you want to improve your Bonnie integration:
- remove Bamboo's LuceneConnectionImpl and LuceneConnection classes – they are redundant now because the index is automatically created, and you should use withSearcher() rather than leakSearcher() and closeQuietly().
- rather than extending ConcurrentLuceneConnection, just create a new instance using the constructor
- don't use HighestBuildNumberCollector but instead use Lucene's sort to find out the highest build number. Lucene's sort uses a field cache instead of reading the build number from the index every time (and you can throw away that extra class)
- add a SearcherInitialisation to warm up the index searcher for the sort.
We're happy to help you get this integrated; we'd like to keep both products on recent versions of the library.