Re-run expired builds to recover its artifacts should also recover the artifacts for expired releases.
- Run a couple builds and deploy them to an environment.
- Set the "Global Expiry" to delete "Build and release artifacts only".
- Run the expiry.
- Try to promote an expired release - it will fail as expected.
- Re-run the build responsible to provide the artifacts for the release from the previous step.
- Try to promote de release again.
As the artifacts were recreated, Bamboo should be able to promote the release.
Bamboo will not find the artifacts and the release will not be promoted.
Delete and recreate the release
Increase the expiry time and/or the number of releases to keep