Cannot save any changes to auto-incremented variables at configureDeploymentProjectVersioning.action (Edit Deployment Project > Release Versioning without admin or restricted admin access. After checking or unchecking a variable for auto-increment and hitting save, no error is presented and you're returned to the deployment project. Upon re-entering the Release Versioning UI you can see the changes haven't been committed.
- Create a build plan with a plan variable E.g. variable = version, value = 1
- Grant full permissions to the build plan to a non-admin user
- Create a deployment project using that build plan as a source
- Grant full deployment project permissions to a non-admin user
- Login as non-admin user
- Edit deployment project > Release versioning
- Add variable to version > variable you created before
- Check the checkbox to select variable you created before for auto-increment
- Changes are saved
- When returning to the Release versioning UI, changes haven't been saved and no error was presented when saving.
- If you revoke Edit permissions from a user for the Build plan, you successfully get an error message that says:
Your updates result in changes to whether a plan variable is automatically incremented or not. You do not have permission to make changes to the plans variables.
Only current workaround is to grant Restricted Admin access