When a new branch is created in a repo where include filters are specified, all build plans using the linked repo with include filters that do not match the change will still run.
- Create 1 repo in Stash named say, myrepo
- Create 2 linked repos from the same Stash repo using different non-overlapping include filter, a/.* and b/.*
- Create 2 build plans with branch builds enabled, one using each Linked Repo. say, BP-A and BP-B
- Clone myrepo
- Create a new branch
- Commit a change, say create a/a.txt and commit this
- Push to remote repo
- BP-A and BP-B will both build
- Repeat the process, say update a/a.txt and push this change
- Only BP-A will now build
We have a dev team that wants to use a single monolithinc repo for a bunch of components and this is causing builds to kick off uncecessarily that causes delays in feedback and delays in resolving commit builds and branch inconsistency on a very regular basis directly impacting developers time due to investigation and confusion.