Status: Gathering Impact (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: 7.12.3, 8.0.2, 7.13.2, 8.16.1, 8.13.7
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: Board configuration
Introduced in Version:7.12
Support reference count:2
Symptom Severity:Severity 3 - Minor
Bug Fix Policy:
When a user is a board administrator (and not a system administrator), they cannot switch to the Simplified Workflow, despite having met the requirements for the workflow. The "Simplified Workflow" button is disabled.
Granting the user administrative rights and refreshing the Column Management screen causes the "Simplify Workflow" button to be enabled.
The Documentation states that a user can switch if they are a Board admin, or a System admin.
- Create a project
- Create a new workflow, that has To Do, In Progress, Done (along with one outgoing transition from each status
- Create a new workflow scheme, and add your workflow scheme to it. Make sure to only use "All unassigned issue types"; rather than "All issue types" as per JSWSERVER-8720.
- Change the project to the new scheme
- Assign a non admin user to the "Administrators" role in the project.
- Ensure the "Administrators" role has the "Administer Project" permission and that "Extended Project Permission" is enabled
- This is the default permission scheme in Jira software
- As the Project Administrator (but not System Administrator) visit the board and choose "Configure Board » Columns"
The "Simplify Workflow" button should be enabled.
The "Simplify Workflow button is not enabled.
Grant the user the "System Administrator" global permission temporarily, or have another user with that permission make the change instead.