When using the sprint.isStarted or the issue.Sprint.isStarted smart values, only false is ever returned for a valid sprint. No value is returned for "none" as the sprint.
- Create an automation in a Jira Software project that triggers on change of the sprint for the issue.
- set an action to send an email to yourself with the body containing the sprint.isStarted value (for debugging)
- apply an advanced compare operation to check if the sprint.isStarted value is ever equal to "true" and some action after that such as a comment to the issue to see if the condition passed.
- Save the automation and activate it.
- create a sprint, add an issue to that sprint.
- start the sprint, add another issue to the sprint.
At least one of the above issues returns "true" for the isStarted value and the automation is able to perform the correct action.
The automation only ever returns false, so the automation cannot run as expected.
There is currently no known workaround for this issue.