On the Customers page (/jira/servicedesk/projects/<ProjectKey>/customers), searching for certain customers who have a different name to their email address, by the email address exactly, does not return the user as expected.
- On the Customers page (<instance hostname>/jira/servicedesk/projects/<ProjectKey>/customers) add firstname.lastname@example.org as a customer.
- go to the user management UI -> Jira Service Desk Customers (e.g. http://<instance>.atlassian.net/admin/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers), and click "Edit full name" to set their name to something that doesn't look like their email address, like "Mr Anderson".
- Try the search on the Customers page with the string email@example.com.
- Try the same search bar with "Mr Anderson" or any substring thereof.
The user is returned when searching by either name or email address.
The user is returned when searching by name, but not by email address.
As a partial workaround, either:
- Search for the user by name, rather than email address, or
- Search for the user by email address on the Jira settings -> User management -> Jira Service Desk customers page.