While editing settings Jira Agile Wallboard gadget the correct (i.e. previously selected) board is not set in the dropdown list. The first board in the list is always set instead whenever you go to the gadget's settings.
This is reproducible on Data Center: (yes)
- Create several test boards. For example, "ABoard", "BBoard" etc.
- Add Jira Agile Wallboard gadget to a dashboard.
- Edit gadget's settings and select "ABoard" in the boards dropdown list.
- Save changes and ensure that the gadget show information for the correct board.
- Edit options again and set "BBoard" this time.
- Again, save changes and ensure that gadget shows information for the correct ("BBoard") board.
- Go back to gadget's options — it will show "ABoard" (or whatever else first board name in alphabetical order) selected.
You could also refer to the video that illustrates the problem on Jira 8.22.2:
The gadget's settings show reflect currently applied options.
The gadget's settings always show the first board selected in the drop-down list of available boards.
Although the problem doesn't have a severe impact on functionality (we could cancel the editing gadget's settings or simply refresh the page to avoid saving changes), the current behaviour is confusing since it doesn't correlate with the actual gadget's configuration.
Additionally, this is a regression behaviour compared to 8.5.x and 8.13.x versions where the gadget's settings were working properly (everything is OK at 8.5.17 and 8.13.20). In these versions, the "selected" attribute was set for appropriate options while 8.20.x and 8.22.x don't set it at all:
Currently, there is no known workaround for this behaviour. A workaround will be added here when available.
Setting the "Show board name" option could help to slightly mitigate the impact of this issue since it makes the gadget show boards name on the dashboard.