Username appears multiple times when in JQL filter if user is member of multiple directories
- Create the user in Jira Directory,
- Create the same user in another Directory e.g. Active Directory,
- Synchronize this Directory with Jira,
- Now you can see multiple users in JQL,
- Restarting Jira resolves the problem.
Username appears only once
Username appears several times, depending on how many directories is this user member of.
- Restart JIRA to clear the user cache.
- Connect Jira to new empty directory, sync it and then remove it:
- Create new empty (dummy) directory
- Connect new Directory to Jira and synchronize this new Directory (after this step caches will revalidate and duplication should disappear)
- Remove this new empty Directory.