When exporting issues via CSV, the Portfolio field "Team" is exported by ID rather than by name. While this format is better for further JIRA imports, it is not human readable and isn't helpful for those cases where the export functionality is used to produce reports.
- Create a Portfolio Project.
- Create a Team under the project. Ex: "Team Jira".
- Configure the scope, associating a team (and a board) to the project.
- Raise a ticket, assigning it to any specific team in the project previously configured.
- Go to the Issue Navigator and export the issue to CSV (All Fields).
You should see the team name under the "Teams" column.
You will see the Portfolio Team ID for the team configured for the issue(s) exported.
Currently, the only workaround is to export as HTML (which requires Jira 7.6 already installed to work seamlessly) and then do some manual work:
- Open the HTML file in Excel.
- Copy the headers + data part in a new spreadsheet, then save it as CSV.
- The resulting CSV file will include the team name instead of the ID.