Status: Gathering Impact (View Workflow)
7.2.0, Archived Jira Cloud, 7.9.2, 7.12.3, 8.1.0, 8.19.1, 8.20.1
Appears on Jira systems where English is not the default system language, and where the selected language/region might have different abbreviations for the names of months than is default to United States English.
Severity 3 - Minor
When editing a Date Picker field (Due Date, for example), when Jira default language is set to Danish/Portuguese/Slovencina/Swedish/Russian, the date filled when the user clicks on the calendar icon and picks a day is filled with an invalid format.
For example, in Portuguese-PTBR it is expected a date like 6/set/16 and the date picker fills as 6/Sep/16, throwing an error for the date format.
In the Danish example, all months selected (Except Maj or May) all appear to be forcing their abbreviations with an additional period '.'
Vælg en dato
Ugyldigt datoformat. Indtast en dato i formatet "d/MMM/yy".
However entering a value such as '14/nov./18' will work correctly (except for the month of may which is not technically abbreviated with only 3 characters).
The same happens with Russian language, forcing months' abbreviations with an additional period '.'
- Jira 7.2 or 7.2.1 with a translation pack (tested with Portuguese-PTBR and Slovenian)
- Jira 7.12.3 with Danish default language set
- Jira 8.19.1 with Russian default locale language set
- In the system administration panel, switch the General Setting of system language to a language such as Danish, Portuguese, or Slovenia
- Access a ticket on Jira
- Click on Edit and modify a Date Picker field value, by choosing a date after clicking on the calendar icon next to the field.
- Attempt to save the date changes
The date is filled correctly according to the language pack.
For Portuguese, Dutch:
This is not reproducible when using the d/MM/yy format (9/6/16 for example), so users can do the following to change the format:
- Go to Administration > System > Advanced Settings
- Change the following parameters: