When the user disable the new project navigation under their profile in JIRA 6.4.12, after upgrade to JIRA 7, the administration for that particular project is missing/disabled.
- JIRA 6.4.12
- JIRA Agile 6.7.11
- JIRA 7.0.0 (JIRA for Software)
- In JIRA 6.4.12, install JIRA Agile 6.7.11
- Create a test scrum project with a sample scrum board
- Login as a test user, verify the can browse this project and have the administration access
- Under this user profile, enable the new project navigation then disable it
- Create a copy of the XML backup
- Upgrade to JIRA 7 using this copy of XML backup created in JIRA 6.4.12
The user will still be able to have the administration access of this particular project
The user will no longer able to browse the administration access of this particular project as the new project navigation is missing
- Shutdown JIRA
- Run the following SQL to verify the user who is impacted is due to this issue.
- Run the following SQL query in the JIRA database which will delete all the user which disable the new project navigation in JIRA 6.4.12:
- Restart JIRA