If longer options (e.g. actual sentences) are used with Multi Select and Multi Checkboxes field types and issues are created/updated, notification emails about those fileds hardly make any sense:
They should show changed values instead, because custom field Options are saved as separate entities in the database and JIRA should have good knowledge which were old, which are new values and calculate the changed options based on that.
Maybe there are other custom field types affected as well, but these have impacted us the most.
How to reproduce:
- Configure a custom field of type Multi Select or Multi Checkboxes
- Add new long-text options (e.g. like in the screenshot)
- Make sure notification scheme is configured to send out notifications for (test)actions.
- Configure Email Type from your profile to be HTML
- Create an issue and update this field checking/unchecking various options
Also a side note about the appearance of these field types in Issue View - a newline between the options would be really appreciated: