When a context path is configured on JIRA, the Release Notes page is not loaded and a 404 error is returned. It happens because the Release Notes link is configured to use a "/jira" context path instead of the correct one on the Base URL.
This is not reproducible when a context path is not set or is set to "/jira".
- Configure a custom context path for JIRA, other than "/jira".
- Go to Release Notes creation
- Page returns a 404 error.
- Configure the JIRA context path to be "/jira" or remove it.
- If using a proxy, use a re-write rule to change <base_url>/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa to <base_url>/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa.