The JIRA Workflow Step Property jira.permission.browse does not prevent you to view issues in issue navigator.
- Create an issue
- Create a group named 'test'
- Edit the workflow for the project of the issue created in step 1.
- Click 'View Properties' next to the step the issue created in step 1 is currently in.
- Add the following property
- Search for the issue created in step 1 (ensuring you are not in the group 'test')
The issue navigator will show the issue, but when you try and click into it you will receive the message:
<Issue Key> can not be opened. The issue may have been deleted or you might not have permission to see the issue.
You shouldn't be able to see the issue in the issue navigator.
This was also tested and reproduced with the jira.permission.browse.reporter property.